Pages

All Time Pageviews

Thursday, February 6, 2014

Creepy Time Slip Story?

Or, just a simple writing exercise for a day? Perhaps a speculation or two at the end of this story - crux of story below - full story at this Link:
 Saturday morning. I’m at home, in my front room, watching Soccer AM. It’s a normal day; I am not hung-over, or ill in any way. But as I am watching TV, I suddenly get the worst headache I have ever experienced. It was literally crippling; I felt like I couldn’t even move. I remember thinking to myself “Just close your eyes, and wait for it to go away.” So I do.
Next thing I know, I wake up in bed. I remember it clear as day- I was not dreaming, I was now wide awake. Still a little headachy, but felling much better. I assumed that I must have gone upstairs, probably with my parents help, and slept it off. But that’s when things started to get strange; although I was wide awake, I immediately realised that I was not in my bedroom.
In fact, I didn’t even recognise the house. Now, again, I would like to stress that I was NOT dreaming, this was absolutely real (at least it felt real) and I had no memory of how I ended up in this room.......So I move through this ‘party’, recognising maybe 80% of the people. But there’s this one girl who is staring at me, and I don’t have a clue who she is. This is when I’m really beginning to get suspicious, as something is definitely not right. Even the people I recognize just seem different.
OK now here’s where it all kicks off. I guarantee you are going not going to believe the next paragraph, but I swear down, this happened.
So, I talk to a couple more people I recognise, and eventually make my way to the entry way to the kitchen. Next to the door to the kitchen, there is a small chest of drawers, with a newspaper on the top. I pick up the newspaper for one reason. Not a headline, or a picture, or anything else. The date. Saturday 31st March, 2018.
=================================================================
Philip K. Dick
Martian Time-Slip
To me, the 'time-slip' sounds much more like a lucid dream space of some sort. Just my opinion.
====================================================
As many of you know, this blog originally was on Squidoo.com (meaning the name of the blog 'The AnomalyMan Listing') - and in the early days at Squidoo I'd often link to Fortean Times. So, combine them both, and you get What Going To A Fortean Times Convention Is Like in one fine Squidoo 'lens'. You Will Not Be Disappointed!
====================================
The Best Of Fortean Times?
===========================================
Fortean Times Indeed
=========================================================
The New AnomalyMan Listing
====================================
TAL has a rich history in 'early mankind' and this find that dates footprints to 10,500 BC in North America pushes that date back nearly 5,000 years. Interesting Story About Finding MORE Footprints In The Same Area too.
=========================================
And, from Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment

The AnomalyMan Listing Welcomes Your Observations And Comments - All Comments Are Moderated and Only Civil Comments Are Printed

WAS THE GREATEST ANOMALY OF 9-11-2001 IN RANDOM NUMBER GENERATORS? - 99 Cents

THE TRUE STORY OF THE GIRL WHO WAS RAISED BY MONKEYS